Saturday, April 9, 2011
My Etsy store
Ok. This is my first time Blogging and Not sure what to say here.
I have done lots of new items for spring and I love them all. I figure if I do things that I am proud of, then others will like them as well and that pleases me. lol We are amused!.lol
I have been creating my little heart out these past few weeks as I have been sick and out of work, so a tad stir crazy!
moved from all Gypsum Plaster (which is very close to ceramic bisque) to concrete, which I assumed would be much heavier and harder to work with but all it really takes is a LONGER setting time. You can;t do thin pieces with it like with plaster, so some molds are NOT for outside use, they must be done in plaster.
So the first item done in Concrete was a hummingbird hanging. so cute. i did it and was thrilled with the casting. painted it out in Patio paints so it would be element worthy and Viola' gorgeous for indoor or out!
My second outside piece is a Greenlady faeiry face hanging. I chipped away some of the edges to give it a more rustic feel and then painted it again with the Patio Paints and she is amazing even to me! (it takes a lot for me to really say something good about my own work. my worst critic!)
playing with color is one of my favorite things to do and so I thought Pansies would be great to play around with it. so I have a large 14x12 Plaster wall hanging. love it and my mom doesn't want it to sell! LOL She wants the original not a dupe!
so, if on the site it says Plaster, It is Hydrocal gypsum Cement Plaster, veryhigh density and chip resistance, like Bisque. and if it says outdoor/indoor, then it is cast from concrete and painted with outdoor concrete paints to withstand the elements!
www.etsy.com/shop/designsbyroxie
www.designsbyroxie.com for my dress website (still under construction)
Ok, so thats the end of my forst Blog. comments? feedback? let me know
Damiana
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like your blog!...Daniel
ReplyDeleteThank you! i like your videos as well. very precise and informative!
ReplyDeleteThanks Damiana! Congratulstions! The Etsy store is so beautiful and unigue! I have subscribed to your blog! So excited, and nervous, as I've never had a blog either, but started one also for all things punk and rock or animal oriented! It's called Adriannee's Angels Atlanta, and I would love anything you care to publish, to reprint on there. Let me know, I would quote you, of course! Thanks, and lots of luck with yours! Love, Adrianne
ReplyDelete