I have been very sick for the past month or so, turned out I had Pneumonia and Bronchitis together. that was fun. I was out of work for almost 3 weeks thank the gods I had the time to take otherwise it would have been horrific! but I started to craft a lot! I really got into the Plaster and the Concrete, started using the Patio Paints which are amazing! (they do not, however, adhere to tile at all! just a warning here kidz! use Permenamel or something made to adhere to non porous surfaces) anywhoo... I played with blending techniques while painting and they really do blend very well! I was able to paint make-up on a concrete Greenlady as if it were real!
NO Airbrushing!
and the metallic gold is drybrushed on in a very thin layer, but comes out amazingly well!
then I got a tad OCD and started to dwell on the fact that I needed a new wallet. So of course I went on ebay and looked for wallets, aluma wallets are crazy, but kinda cool. leather wallets are expensive then I found felt wallets! very cool. but being a crafter i decided I could make one so i looked for patterns on the net
they were all asininely difficult, or at least looked that way from how they were put together. so i said screw it, i will just make one to look like MY wallet. and I did. My very first one was made out of regular soft felt with an embossed pattern on it. I edged it with a satin stitch, for what I believed was going to be an easy and cool looking design feature. I hated that part but others liked it. so I added it to my Etsy store, I have several kinds of Felt in soft. Leather looking in several colors, red, black and brown- an "animal" looking embossed pattern in sevral colors as well and the original pattern in a few colors. then I have a couple of cool colors in glitter Felt! I am gonna play!
Then I started to feel better and made a voyage all the way to the craft store! they have stiffened felt there! Zebra, Cheetah and Tie dye! So I got some! and some plain black felt for the inside. Girl! that made the wallets POP!
With the stiff felt, they feel more like a normal wallet and I worked out the kinks in them, Considering I didn't use a pattern at all, I think the learning curve was pretty small! They are much easier to do in the firm felt, but I have more choice in the soft felt. Either way, they work beautifully. soft or firm folds, and handles equally like a mass manufactured wallet! and the card slots can hold 3 or 4 cards each FIRMLY. the stiff felt holds them in a tad tighter and I need to adjust the slot size accordingly or just put 1 less card in. LOL and the cash pocket can hold lots of cash and reciepts, just like a mass produced wallet can!
WHO NEEDS PATTERNS I ASK YOU!
so go check out my Etsy shop!
www.etsy.com/shop.designsbyroxie
gotta get going so, Craft away everyday!
Roxie
No comments:
Post a Comment