sitting in a hotel room in Boston. bored out of my frickin skull. about jeweller-ied out! made 8 pendants and 4 pairs of earrings and 1 key chain. Here on a special ops mission as one of my co-workers would say. He is young and very cute, but so immature as to actually hurt your head if you are around him for too long. but he is a great kid. good hearted and just came back from boot camp.
anyway, special ops like i said. lol Not allowed to blog about it because it isn't about me, I just have to be here to help and to drive back.
Everything I could possibly need is literally right around the corner.
McDonalds
shaws
rite aid
golds gym
h&M
Dollar tree
T-Mobile
a discount fabric place Sew Fabulous or something like that.
I bought tapestry squares! Gorgeous 14inch approx squares! I am thinking of satchel bags or messenger bags and some wallets. OH! they were 2 for $! I got all of the good ones!
So I have gone with the OLD SCHOOL wire wrapping on some stone geode slices ! The stunning colors are amazing by themselves but what to do with them? I have one in bright pink with white and clear it is kinda kidney bean shaped so I wrapped it long way in 3 strands of round 12 gauge aluminum jewelry wire which was then wrapped in 20 gauge silver plated wire to keep it together as one tract of wire. I tightly wrapped it around the outline of the stone, pulled a bail to the tippy top, stretched some prongs from the top and bottom wires to keep the geode slice in place then finished it off with twirlies on a diagonal very cute i think!
The next one is gorgeous shades of browns to rusts and clear. The colors just twirls within the stone so I kept the wire work soft and didn't pull it angularly the bail at the top is a double twirly, seperated into a v and then decorated with curly twirls to one side and one to the other side that is larger. the center has a hanging dichroic glass square bead in the same earth tones with a hint of blues and greens within the dichroic glass itself.
There is a stunning blue one that looks like water so I did this one horizontally making the wire into waves all around it decorated with twirls abross the top length and adding jup rings to the sides to attach chain to. the stone is so beautifil. the edges are white to a dark blue center, but it has clear running through it on the shape of the stone with a little "island" off to one side. it sort of looks like a map very cool.
One more very pink stone from the outside to the center. pink to clear/white i wrapped it with dual 12 gauge liver plate wire from the top bail, around it in an S shape then around back to the front again, back around and split the wires apart at the bottom and coiled them in opposite directions. Adorned the top with a silver dragonfly on an angle. sooo cute! love this one.
I had some large amethyst flat oval beads about 2 inches maybe, drilled top to bottom I did one in gold and one in silver, the gold was pulled through and looped on each end then the tail on each end was roughly coiled from end toward the center. then dangling from the bottom is a Swarovski heart in Iris? I forget what the color is called but it is purple to green and multi faceted. LOVE THEM.
The second one is done in dual silver wires same way as the first, but the dual wires gives it a stunning look, plus the ends of each wire get twirled in opposite directions, giving it a more filagree look to it. plus the addition of the heart dangle. even my mom loves it!
A giant MOP heart pendant factory glazed in blue with a butterfly wrapped in 18gauge silvered wire in to rough coils tornado wrapped at the point and a large white glass pearl in a wire wrapped cage dangling from the bottom. this one makes a statement!
a large pink MOP bead in a rounded rectangle drilled top to bottom. I inserted gold wire through it beaded it with Swarovski bicones in ROYGBV then bent it into a triangle. at the top is a twisted and coiled S shape beaded with Swarovski large beads in multi AB and ROYGBV then another AB into the coil. Sweet!
Speaking of sweet, lol, I found some beautiful Creamsicle colored Agate or Turquoise oval beads done top to bottom in dual orange jewelry wire with a single loopp at the center of the bead, separatedm then up the back into a coil. with a single clear AB disco ball bead at the bottom. very cute.
EARRINGS! I have made some earrings as well! Dichroic glass rectangles mixed with discoballs and AB multis,
wire wrapped frosted green glass beads with green and copper ball beads and clear green spacers, hanging from silver french hooks
Red wire wrapped glass pearls with clear red lentils and red bicones on silver french hooks
Silver plated suns with metal ribbed spacer beads and AB multis in the center on silver french hooks
Hey, I even made a key chain. LOL its an antiqued brass bee shaped pendant with large golden acrylic rhinestones with three teradrop shaped dangles set onto a snake chain key chain finding. just playing with it. maybe some more ideas will come?
I also started another green and black MOP lentil bead pendant. I attached a Silver butterfly charm to it that hangs off the edges with the wing tips, I am thinking maybe a clear bead at the bottom and two coils at the top like they were antennae? hang it from them? dunno. sounds cool. (this is what it turned into...)
PHOTOS TO COME! (they came!) remember i am in a hotel room so i have to do things when i can
Damiana
edited sun jul 31
No comments:
Post a Comment